To identify new fundraising income through grants, targeting foundations, corporations and civic groups within the community, as well as state, county and federal grant opportunities. Provide writing support for grant requests from inception to submittal as well as for other organization projects as requested. This role will dedicated half their time to seeking funding and building a grants portfolio for Nassau County Boys & Girls Clubs, and the other half will be spent working on Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida grant projects. Works in collaboration with the Grants Specialist and Grants Compliance Manager to manage extensive grants calendar and reporting as required.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan regarding activities relating to donor solicitations and other club fundraising efforts.
Contribute to attaining financial support:
Research and seek new grant funding via funder databases;
write grant proposals for foundation and corporate support for new projects;
work with Club management to follow through on grant leads vetted by resource development team such as family foundations, corporations and civic groups; and
provide direct support to Grants Specialist on larger grant projects and applications.
Maintain administrative and operational systems such as:
track grant income and maintain grant funder files;
recognize contributions with acknowledgment letters as needed.
4. Ensure a productive working environment, providing support to Club management on grant opportunities and grant funder relations. As necessary, represents staff at various committee meetings.
5. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close contact with Club management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation and direction. Maintains contact with financial staff and support staff. Works in close collaboration with Grants Specialist to strategize and complete applications and at times Grants Compliance Manager to fulfill reporting requirements for specific grants.
External: Maintain contact with community and corporate leaders, schools, parents and local residents to seek financial support and provide information regarding club activities and needs.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
• A minimum of two years work experience in a Boys or Girls Club or similar not-for-profit organization with an emphasis on grant proposals, fundraising, marketing, budgeting, and/or community and public relations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to grant budget/fundraising efforts.
Valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
High level writing ability to create proposals and correspondence. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and/or technical information. Employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may occasionally be required to operate a motor vehicle. Work environment: Normal office environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.